great. just great.

Chickenrandomness

12 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Stanley, North Dakota
if you have seen some of my topics about how i am always being teased at school about getting chickens? well, now i'm getting threats of people catching, shooting, butchering, etc. my chickens when i get them!
somad.gif
i bever thought i would have problems with people killing the chickens i'll get in 2 months. what do i do?

Don't worry... I get teased too... always have since I was a wee kid.

Now when I am selling my FBCMs and tell people I get $40 a dozen + $15 shipping; they all shut up.
Or when I show the the birds I want (Coronation Sussexes) and they're going for $300+ for only half a dozen chicks... people REALLY shut up!

More than anything, I just shrug it off
smile.png

I love my birds, money or no money!
The more, the better if you can handle it!

If they plan on shooting them, don't give them a reason too (excessive crowing), take them to court or get them in trouble legally.
That is JUST PLAIN mean for people to say those things like that!

I think they're kidding, but who knows. I know they are taking it a little too far with the teasing
sad.png

maybe i should get some STD OEGs and raise an army! so if anyone trys to kill my chickens they will get mauled by gaurd chickens! jk jk, i'll put up signs around my house and coop
lau.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:
Sometimes we need to get a thick skin on ideas that are important to us. Remember the greatest men in history were laughed at with their ideas and without them our country or world would be nothing such as chris columbus, albert einstein and winston churchill. Granted we are only talking chickens but if its important go with it.

I'm sorry about that.
sad.png
When I told people at school about my chickens the first time, some were excited while others were just... I don't know. Jealous? They might be jealous of you, but that is not an acceptable way to react. I wouldn't worry about it- I don't think that they would come to your house and hurt your chickens. Even so, do you get out of school in June? That way, they wouldn't be able to know when you got your chickens. Just don't pay attention to them! They're just being mean for no good reason.

Quote:
This is true. If they are making threats like this they can legally gt into BIG trouble. I would tell a counselor or something and tell your parents. If they are picking on you that hard they are no real friends so if they decide to not like you because they got in trouble then maybe they should have thought before making threats like that. That is destruction of property and can land them in jail.

There's an old expression in my husband's family "if you don't want someone to get yer goat, don't put it in the front yard" meaning that people will say what gets you riled up just because they want to rile you up. If you truly believe that these people are going to hurt your property, by all means tell your parents and teachers, but if it's just talk- let 'em talk. What do they know? Nuthin'. You can talk about your enthusiasm for chickens here and in other like-minded groups, they aren't going to appreciate it anyway.
Best of luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom