green algae in pond

happy call duck

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 5, 2012
Isle of wight England
Hi everyone can anyone tell me how to get rid off green algae from my pond it has a waterfall. my ducks love it.
hmm.png

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
Hi everyone can anyone tell me how to get rid off green algae from my pond it has a waterfall. my ducks love it.
hmm.png
you can buy algecides but not sure if they would be safe to use with waterfowl, I use 35%food grade peroxide in my pools to keep them clean and then drain water once a week and refill. I use the peroxide a couple times after adding fresh water to their pool during the week. 1/3 cup also you can use Oxine ah. and probably ACV

Going Quackers

Crowing
9 Years
May 24, 2011
On, Canada
you can buy algecides but not sure if they would be safe to use with waterfowl, I use 35%food grade peroxide in my pools to keep them clean and then drain water once a week and refill. I use the peroxide a couple times after adding fresh water to their pool during the week. 1/3 cup also you can use Oxine ah. and probably ACV

That's what i was going to say, we have some treatment stuff here for ours and we do keep a few fish in it but not sure if it would be safe for waterfowl...

ML ideas are the better choice!

Top Bottom