Green and blue layers with Lavender orpington Roo

GingaNinja

Hatching
Apr 15, 2021
I decided to throw a bunch of eggs in my incubator to see what hatches. I have generation 2 Olive Eggers, Cream legbars, EE, and Ameraucana for hens. My Roos are Lavender Orpington and a Barred rock barn yard mix. My question is knowing that both, Roos carry a light brown gene when mixed with the dark olive green and blues would I still end up with variations or greens and blues? Are the legbar, Ameraucana mixed with the Roos considered EE chicks? Thanks so much!

I decided to throw a bunch of eggs in my incubator to see what hatches. I have generation 2 Olive Eggers, Cream legbars, EE, and Ameraucana for hens. My Roos are Lavender Orpington and a Barred rock barn yard mix. My question is knowing that both, Roos carry a light brown gene when mixed with the dark olive green and blues would I still end up with variations or greens and blues? Are the legbar, Ameraucana mixed with the Roos considered EE chicks? Thanks so much!
I believe you will get variations of blue and green still. There may be a few that end up laying brown eggs though. Depends on the exact genetic make up of your olive Eggers and EEs.

Back
Top Bottom