Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Pics
That was fine what you post here we were (started anyway) talking about the GENN's.

I just didn't want this turning into a any and everything thread.

Just let me know when you're ready for some. Eggs or chicks. I'm trying to build them up with more lines. It's just time consuming. Not complaining just observations.

I think for the Easter Hatch I'm going to try the opposite and put my Ameraucana over some NN hens.

Are you wanting any particular colors for you trio? Reason I ask is because I'm getting quite varied colors right now because of the use of Easter Eggers ( these are really very hardy birds). Which are not bred to any standard color.

I'll post when I get more birds hatched.

We're not really that far from each other, okay we are but my wife is from East Tennessee. So when we visit with her family that brings us closer. All she has left are her siblings and a aunt and 2 uncles there.

My Production thread is for 'anything and everything! Draye...When you have made a post about an interesting revelation on this thread, I would be really be pleased for you post it on the PRODUCTION thread as well!!!

Thanks. I have to give him reminder every once in a while as to who's boss though. He is a very fertile rooster. Out of 14 eggs set in this clutch 13 hatched. I had one other clutch of his set also ( brown eggs that is how I can use more than one clutch in one run) that had 12 and 8 if those hatched.

Some folks frown or scream and shout when I post something like the following but I can't help what others think. It's been my long experience that the most hostile cocks are the more virile in a breeding flock.

My Production thread is for 'anything and everything!  Draye...When you have made a post about an interesting revelation on this thread, I would be really be pleased for you  post it on the PRODUCTION  thread as well!!!

I'll try to remember to post it there also.

7 more Green Egger Naked Necks.
They kept bunching up.

I looked but can't remember for sure how many but part of these are single combed. All are yellow legged. Not sure how I'm going to go on leg color for these. The single combs I think are because the moms are only 1/2 Easter Egger so the comb could have went either way in them. I knew this could happen.
Over all please with them so far. Worth watching grow.

Last edited:
Well it has been almost 3 weeks since I posted so I believe it is time for a photo update! These are the most jumpy & rowdy chicks I've ever raised!! They do NOT want to be held or approached. They're wild children (other than the legbar growing up with them)!
barnie.gif
Now about 6 weeks old...I'm surprised 3 are still not yet "fully" feathered! Also, I find it interesting the one with the chupmunk back markings started with brown & black wing feathers but they're now turning black & white!? Almost certain that one is a male.

A pullet?

2 boys?

Here is my "fully" feathered (almost certain) pullet, Kashmir...

Well it has been almost 3 weeks since I posted so I believe it is time for a photo update! These are the most jumpy & rowdy chicks I've ever raised!! They do NOT want to be held or approached. They're wild children (other than the legbar growing up with them)!:barnie Now about 6 weeks old...I'm surprised 3 are still not yet "fully" feathered! Also, I find it interesting the one with the chupmunk back markings started with brown & black wing feathers but they're now turning black & white!? Almost certain that one is a male. A pullet? 2 boys? Here is my "fully" feathered (almost certain) pullet, Kashmir...
Yep, that top chick is a definitely a cockerel.

Last edited:
They are all nice birds but if you lived closer, I'd try to talk you out of birds in pic 2 and 3...regardless of gender.

Would that be any problem for you?

It'd be okay with me, but those belong to Missi. She just posted then here. They are the NN/EE cross also. You'd have to ask her.
I'm going to post individual picture a little later as mine start developing their colors.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom