Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Pics
Please post updates on you Dark Cornish/NN crosses! I've actually been discussing this combination with my husband as a future project I'd like to pursue...once my NN eggs actually hatch and mature, that is. My eggs are only on day 4 in the incubator and I'm going crazy waiting for them. Patience has never been one of my virtues.
roll.png

Drae is absolutely correct and I will post results on my production thread...Sorry draye, for getting carried away. Will also post about my Buckeye over Dark Cornish cross too!

Draye...I'm very serious about getting some chicks or preferably a trio of your birds for my daughter. NNs are her favorite breed and the blue eggs would please her very much!!!

Here are my 4 lil Turken x EE babies (disregard the feather-necked chicks in the first 2 pics). So anxious to see what they grow up to look like & what color eggs they'll lay (hoping I have a pullet or more in the mix
fl.gif
). I did not see the parents but was told the roo is a white EE or Ameraucana and the hen is a Turken but I forgot what color I was told she was. I will post growth progress photos in this thread.
wee.gif

Last edited:
Drae is absolutely correct and I will post results on my production thread...Sorry draye, for getting carried away.  Will also post about my Buckeye over Dark Cornish cross too!

Draye...I'm very serious about getting some chicks or preferably a trio of your birds for my daughter.  NNs are her favorite breed and the blue eggs would please her very much!!!

That was fine what you post here we were (started anyway) talking about the GENN's.

I just didn't want this turning into a any and everything thread.

Just let me know when you're ready for some. Eggs or chicks. I'm trying to build them up with more lines. It's just time consuming. Not complaining just observations.

I think for the Easter Hatch I'm going to try the opposite and put my Ameraucana over some NN hens.

Are you wanting any particular colors for you trio? Reason I ask is because I'm getting quite varied colors right now because of the use of Easter Eggers ( these are really very hardy birds). Which are not bred to any standard color.

I'll post when I get more birds hatched.

We're not really that far from each other, okay we are but my wife is from East Tennessee. So when we visit with her family that brings us closer. All she has left are her siblings and a aunt and 2 uncles there.

Here are my 4 lil Turken x EE babies (disregard the feather-necked chicks in the first 2 pics). So anxious to see what they grow up to look like & what color eggs they'll lay (hoping I have a pullet or more in the mix :fl ). I did not see the parents but was told the roo is a white EE or Ameraucana and the hen is a Turken but I forgot what color I was told she was. I will post growth progress photos in this thread.:weee
So I'm guessing are these all siblings? Are you planning on breeding them together? I'm not really one for close inbreeding, but right now I do have a rooster in with his mother, full sister, and a half sister ( she is actually his cousin also). Trying to see what I'll get from these crossing. There are also 5 other hens in with him. I'll be gathering eggs from that run for the Easter Hatch.

Well i have an update. The one pullet that is if laying age is laying found her first egg today: it is green, a light minty green. Her mothers egg is a medium off olive egg. So i am just a bit farther alo g on this project.

9 new Green Egger Naked Necks so far, still have 5 or 6 eggs left to go. Sadly not all are going to be NN'd. But that comes with it.

7 more GENN's hatched, so will be a little bit until I know the sexes.

I believe that all 7 of these are from just two hens. Had three green egg layers in the run. All are exact replicas of each other. The suspected mothers are the 2 sisters I call them Red Duckwing. They look like the classic gold and black EE's you get from hatcheries., Are red instead. Anyway they are father: Ginger Red EE mother: Production Red Hens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom