Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Pics
I have been following and now subscribed to this thread.
I have a beautiful NN rooster that has a rose comb. Even though he is a mix of ??? his coloring is pretty. A barred red with a speckled breast. He is in with 3 NN hatchery pullets and 3 EE pullets. I'm very curious to see what I will get. I get lots of eggs, but for now they are for food. I want to wait till the weather is more stable to raise and brood chicks outside since my husband is very allergic to chick dust.

I have been following and now subscribed to this thread.
I have a beautiful NN rooster that has a rose comb. Even though he is a mix of ??? his coloring is pretty. A barred red with a speckled breast. He is in with 3 NN hatchery pullets and 3 EE pullets. I'm very curious to see what I will get. I get lots of eggs, but for now they are for food. I want to wait till the weather is more stable to raise and brood chicks outside since my husband is very allergic to chick dust.

Thanks for following. I've got a few that were from the NYD hatch, I'll try to get pictures soon. I'm getting reach to rearrange my runs to get more GENN's later in the year. I've only sold a few roosters from these project birds. They were roosters. I'm not quite ready to get these out right now. Iwant to get to where I can breed them together to see if I can maintain the green egg and peacomb.

Depends on how things go and if I can hold onto my birds, no job right now. I may try to sell a few on the auction thread if I really need some help keeping my babies,

The one and only pullet from this cross that is laying is a pretty good layer.

She is averaging an egg every other day. So by my definition she a good layer.

The one and only pullet from this cross that is laying is a pretty good layer.

She is averaging an egg every other day. So by my definition she a good layer.
thumbsup.gif

I put my potential green egger cockerel with a couple hens.. He's been with them 2 weeks, was waiting for the hens to get cleaned out of the previous roos... but now I have to wait for a hen to go broody. :(

I put my potential green egger cockerel with a couple hens.. He's been with them 2 weeks, was waiting for the hens to get cleaned out of the previous roos...  but now I have to wait for a hen to go broody.  :(

I have my only laying GENN pullet in with a Black Jersey Giant right now. I have 3 eggs that just now hatched out from that cross. 2 are naked necked and 1 not naked necked. Looks like (could be wrong though) that all three are pea combed I will put on some more eggs for the Easter Hatch not sure how many it will The one and only pullet from this cross that is laying is a pretty good layer.

She is averaging an egg every other day. So by my definition she a good layer.be yet.

After I get through collecting for this hatch I will be moving roosters and hens around getting ready for a fall hatch. I think that I will put this pullet in with my Blue Copper rooster.

Last edited:
I have my only laying GENN pullet in with a Black Jersey Giant right now. I have 3 eggs that just now hatched out from that cross. 2 are naked necked and 1 not naked necked. Looks like (could be wrong though) that all three are pea combed I will put on some more eggs for the Easter Hatch not sure how many it will The one and only pullet from this cross that is laying is a pretty good layer.

She is averaging an egg every other day. So by my definition she a good layer.be yet.

After I get through collecting for this hatch I will be moving roosters and hens around getting ready for a fall hatch. I think that I will put this pullet in with my Blue Copper rooster.

Oh wow, going for big birds too?

Oh wow, going for big birds too?

Well I do like big birds. The reason I put him in there is that I needed a rooster to cover those hens. He was one that I breed last year when I had the BJG's, but I got rid of them . Done some trading with my cousin. I found myself needing a rooster was shooting for an Easter Egger but couldn't get a hold if one. They had some at the auction but had them three and four to a cage and didn't want that many. So I went a borrows him back for a while. Then I lost that Salmon NN rooster and now I really need him. So yeah I guess I'm going for big green egg along naked necks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom