Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

I can make up for it with this one though. This girl belongs to my brother and she lays mint green eggs! Came from mixed barnyard hatching eggs from a livestock auction, so no idea what her parents were...
0428161748h.jpg

I can make up for it with this one though. This girl belongs to my brother and she lays mint green eggs! Came from mixed barnyard hatching eggs from a livestock auction, so no idea what her parents were...
View attachment 1093707

Want her to come live with meeeeeeeeee! She looks like my favorite chicken that died last year, a black skinned frizzled naked neck that laid green eggs. Want another very badly!

I seriously want a nice green or blue laying NN with a SINGLE upright comb, but I need a red or buff bird, in body color, and with yellow (preferred) or slate legs. Trying to avoid barring, black, or Ameruacana muffs / beards and slate leg color. deal would be what looks like a red or buff NN, but happens to lay colored eggs!

If any of y'all hatch one, keep me posted! :D

Won't happen. Sorry. They are linked genes.
Actually it can happen, but it would be a long haul getting there.

Examples: Cream Legbars, Blue Isbars, Arkansas Blue Egg Layers. Naming a few.[/QUOTE]

What are "Arkansas Blue Egg Layers" - are those the blue ones with blue eggs? I heard about those but haven't seen much from them lately - pics etc.

Supposedly there were also brown hens that laid blue eggs, but I was never able to get photos or get a hold of any of that stock, though I would LOVE something that was like a RIR or Production Red in body yet laid blue eggs! If anyone hears of that?

Actually it can happen, but it would be a long haul getting there.

Examples: Cream Legbars, Blue Isbars, Arkansas Blue Egg Layers. Naming a few.

What are "Arkansas Blue Egg Layers" - are those the blue ones with blue eggs? I heard about those but haven't seen much from them lately - pics etc.

Supposedly there were also brown hens that laid blue eggs, but I was never able to get photos or get a hold of any of that stock, though I would LOVE something that was like a RIR or Production Red in body yet laid blue eggs! If anyone hears of that?[/QUOTE]
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/blue-egg-layers-from-university-of-arkansas.624359/

Back
Top Bottom