green eggs not hatching? UPDATE: 1 out!

piccolini

Songster
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
Camino, CA
My chicks started hatching yesterday around 5pm, (It is currently 3:48 pm the next day). So far I have 10/14 eggs hatched. 4 were EE eggs and the rest were brown. For some reason all of the brown eggs have hatched and none of the green/olive eggs have even pipped yet. Is there a reason for this? Any chance they will still hatch? And is there any way to get the hatched chicks out without lowering the humidity?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hmmmm.... I guess we will be confused and
fl.gif
together
smile.png

Hi We had our brown eggs hatch 1st then a little later our green(americauna) eggs started hatching. We still have baby chicks hatching now, but the other chicks were all over the place and they were dry and fluffy. We took our incubator into the bathroom and turned the shower on to were we could see the steam in the air and then took them out really fast and made sure our humidity didn't go down.

Great! Thank you! I am hoping this is what will happen. Thanks also for the help about getting them out. I will try that once the last one is dry
smile.png

UPDATE on my chicks : one more chick has hatched since yesterday but i have still 3 zipping.
Still none of my bantam eggs have hatched. I also tried helping the other eggs zip because they were struggling. It didnt seem to help them though.
I think it is a little late for them to still be hatching.

I think the longer it takes them to hatch the more birth defects you run into. I had 2 born with birth defects in the last 2 days....

Quote:
Yes I am starting to lose hope as well. All 10 of the others were born between day 19 and 20. Today is only day 21 but as far as I can tell nothing is happening. I won't give yet but I am not very optimistic. You never know though. They could surprise us.
Please keep me updated!
smile.png

My first hatch started on a Saturday evening and didn't finish until Wednesday afternoon. Don't give up hope, some just take longer than others. I am sitting through a hatch right now. It started yesterday morning and I have seven out with 15 more eggs to go. Just gotta wait it out. Good luck with your remaining eggs!
smile.png

If your eggs are 48 hours past the hatch date... you can do a float test... Just fill a pan of water with 100-102 degree water.. Enough that the egg could be completely cover the egg. Of course you don't want to completely submerge the egg. put your eggs in the water and watch for movement. Should only take a few seconds to notice. Below is a video.

Back
Top Bottom