Green eggs??

MIHomestead4

Chirping
Mar 4, 2019
My chicken that hatched back in October are laying eggs finally but one of them they are barred rock crossed with black jersey giant are laying pretty green eggs?? I’m confused because their not olive eggers or Easter eggers so why the green eggs? They look normal smell normal taste normal just confused on the color everyone else is laying brown eggs.

My chicken that hatched back in October are laying eggs finally but one of them they are barred rock crossed with black jersey giant are laying pretty green eggs?? I’m confused because their not olive eggers or Easter eggers so why the green eggs? They look normal smell normal taste normal just confused on the color everyone else is laying brown eggs.
One of them must have a green egg layer in their background.
Sometimes crossing different breeds together is necessary to keep the gene pool strong.

Do you have both the parents?
Pics of birds and egg might help here.

026C7C05-47A9-47EE-B13D-AAD3852539EA.jpeg
026C7C05-47A9-47EE-B13D-AAD3852539EA.jpeg
F5A76492-8183-4E8C-96AB-B24E00CEE528.jpeg
2B9A7819-13E5-40A5-A677-2D359FCCA5DB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom