Green leg hatch

I noticed you posted a while back about what appears to be a cock with buggered up feet.  If you still got him or others you need to make to birds can't get to each other even through wire pen.
I had to cull him because he got worse respitory infection and his feet woudnt swell down at all so i had to take him out his pain

I got him from a good friend and ever since made it my hobby

Have you been able to be around someone knowledgeable about keeping games using pens? That will help with a lot of the game specific behaviors that otherwise will complicate your keeping them in good condition.

Have you been able to be around someone knowledgeable about keeping games using pens?  That will help with a lot of the game specific behaviors that otherwise will complicate your keeping them in good condition.
No not really and what do you mean if i keep him in the pen he will be more agressive or calm?

No not really and what do you mean if i keep him in the pen he will be more agressive or calm?
Keeping him confined will aid only in controlling who he interacts with which is a big deal. Negative is it forces you to excersize better husbandry methods to keep him in top form. Based on images I saw he has a good three for four months at least before he needs to be confined. Do not have other roosters, even non-game running about that can get to where he is confined otherwise you run risk of him getting into trouble. Find someone near you that provide some hands on teaching so you can learn other than through trial and error.

W
Keeping him confined will aid only in controlling who he interacts with which is a big deal.  Negative is it forces you to excersize better husbandry methods to keep him in top form.  Based on images I saw he has a good three for four months at least before he needs to be confined.  Do not have other roosters, even non-game running about that can get to where he is confined otherwise you run risk of him getting into trouble.  Find someone near you that provide some hands on teaching so you can learn other than through trial and error.
what do you mean getting into trouble as in what?

I
fight thru wire pen

damage feet like your past cock

If you are putting same effort into caring for birds as into your communications, then gives birds to somebody else.
i know im trying my best to learn about them and he really doesnt seem energetic idk if thats normal for a green leg hatch of 4 months

I
i know im trying my best to learn about them and he really doesnt seem energetic idk if thats normal for a green leg hatch of 4 months
You can try the following to asses the stag's health. First, provide some pictures showing his face from side. Color can give an immediate indicator of health even I will be able to see. The make a picture or two showing his tail feathers spread out. Best if picture is from above rather than side. Appearance of feathers can sometimes give a hint about how he has been doing over last few weeks.

You will need to handle him to get a feel for his muscle mass and muscle tone. This is something that takes experience to do well.

To perk him up, try to get some live mealworms into him. With a little work you can get him to eat from your hands and to fly up into your hands even when he is running about in yard.

What are you feeding him?

Back
Top Bottom