Green Legged Chicken. Question? Picture included.

Okay it says American Game fowl can have green legs... And according to the pics on Feathersite of the AM Game. they aren't as tall as modern... and yours is built more like the Am Game. Face and all. IMHO

I don't claim to be an expert at Games but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night...
gig.gif

The bird isn't any type of game, especially not a American game because hatcheries do not raise them- even the bantams.

The bird is a EE, you cannot expect all of them to act the same, possess pea combs, beards, etc. They're Ameracuana crosses and could be 1/2, 1/4th etc. Which is why you see EE's with exotic colors, single combs, rose combs, silkie feathered, beards, no beards, tuffs, rumpless, you name it... It all depends on their heritages/genetics what they will come looking like.

Daniel has spoken.....

What characteristics do you see that say it is an EE? Everything on this site that doesn't fit a bill for something else dead out is an EE. Every mixed bird cannot be an EE, I am sorry to burst everyone bubble on this site, but that is just a fact. Yes it has green-to-willow legs, body type, comb, facial structure, nothing about any of it says it has to be an EE. It has a tight, compact body, with a fairly compact tail. Granted the tail probably isn't being held as it would if he was to strut, but nonetheless, I still do no think he is an EE.

Really frustrated with every mix bird that is posted on this site being an EE. It seems to be use when people really dont know what they are looking at.

Quote:
Yup, i understand on the people screaming EE everytime they see a crosssed/green legged bird. Gets on my nerves too...

But i say he is a EE because A. The typical head shape is seen on MANY EE's, it is one of the things that people go by whether it is a EE or not. And B. He came from Mcmurray hatchery as a "rare exotic chick" look up "Rare exotic chicks from McMurray" you will see 80% of the time people have received a EE, the other percent usually varies between a Cornish (WLR), Fayoumi, and buttercups. Probably more, but those are the most common ones i have seen so far.

I say if he is any type of game, it would be most likely oriental. So far the only hatchery to carry oriental gamefowl is Ideal, and even then... He is no where close and the only thing he has going for him with that is the pea-comb and how his head is "kind of shaped".. Even then he's too small unless he was possibly a Reza asil, and just doesn't have "the look". Modern game bantams crosses would make him more lengthy i believe, old english you would be able to see pretty clearly as in most of their crosses i think, and i believe the Cubalaya would have given him a very different look....

ETA: And don't you know Dustin? Hatcheries don't sell mutts
wink.png

Last edited:
But also realize that many hatcheries drop-ship, and bring in eggs from outside. Just because it was labeled as such when the eggs arrived at MMM, doesn't always mean thats wha they are. Personally, I think he has the looks of a poor quality Dark cornish I have seen from several of the hatcheries.

Quote:
Yup, understand that McMurray drop-ships as well. But still say EE, and don't even see a cornish.. Even horrible cornish have been bulky (least in the one's i've seen). Either way i will still stand by there is no game in him
cool.png

Last edited:
Yep. we have a little EE roo coming up that looks identical only a bit smaller but then he is only about 6 weeks old. The parent stock of him, the roo has a beard and the hen does not. The hen is an Ameraucana mix to make her an EE. The roo is an Ameraucana.
So it would be my guess that this little one of yours is an EE.

No cubalaya hiding in there!
lol.png

It looks like some crosses of mine that are out of an EE and a dark cornish. They all feathered out with that smutty orange plumage and green legs.

Back
Top Bottom