green poop

aybarra

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2024
I have a hen who is acting abnormal. This is the second one to start doing this. I had a fox attack (about 6 days ago), so I thought she was just in shock, but she's acting like our first one did pre-attack.
she is very puffed up, lets you pick her up, pale comb, lethargic, is not interested in treats, etc. I attached a picture of her droppings. She is separated from the flock. She did lay an egg today.
The first one acting like this had full out green poop. This one is just partially green right now.

I know green poop can mean too many greens, but adding in the symptoms, I'm worried about the rest of my flock.

What diseases should I be concerned about and are three any suggestions or success stories with similar situations?View attachment 3781733
20240325_084054.jpg

Attachments

• 20240325_084119.jpg
    20240325_084119.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 5
How is she doing? I hope she's well.
Her droppings are a sign that she's not eating.
What's her diet? How does her crop feel early in the morning?

How is she doing? I hope she's well.
Her droppings are a sign that she's not eating.
What's her diet? How does her crop feel early in the morning?
she's about the same. i do see her eat here and there just not was much as the others. she has access to layer feed and scrarch and gets excited for meal worms. I'll have to check her crop in the morning.
She seems to have less and less green in her poop, but it's very watery.

she's about the same. i do see her eat here and there just not was much as the others. she has access to layer feed and scrarch and gets excited for meal worms. I'll have to check her crop in the morning.
She seems to have less and less green in her poop, but it's very watery.
Sounds like she needs to eat more, I would try giving eggs, fish, meat, or feed soaked in water to make a mash and see how she likes any of that.
If you have something like Nutri-Drench that could help her out some too.

She doesn't have any injuries from the attack you had, right?

Back
Top Bottom