green spots on duck bill

You know, I think that hormonal changes might explain it. I would think she is about that age. Thanks everyone, I feel a lot better about it. The spots look very much like the ones in the picture. And that would also make sense, since my drake is not getting them. Thanks again.

"Spots? What spots?"

1003656.jpg

It's normal
big_smile.png

I have a pekin duck she is four years old she has a greenish yellow beak. completely normal is a sign of maturity.. However I apply vitamin E to her beak depending on the season. mainly during the winter months. this seems to help with drying out or chaffing also during the summer as well

Necroposting is basically "bumping" or bringing up old posts. I don't see an issue with it if someone wants to.
Just don't read or respond to the post if it bothers you.

Necroposting is basically "bumping" or bringing up old posts. I don't see an issue with it if someone wants to.
Just don't read or respond to the post if it bothers you.

Exactly!
People need to remember that there are new people finding this forum every day, and very often looking for guidance/answers. I spent quite a bit of time reading here before my ducks even arrived, and check in almost daily now that they're 9 months old already!

This thread helped, I was wondering the same thing about my Runners. I have a black female and a F+W female both about 2 1/2 mos. old and Willow's black bill is getting green streaks and Ivy is getting dark blemishes on her orange bill...the spots are smooth and not soft or bad looking. The ducks are healthy and happy so I guess I won't worry!

Back
Top Bottom