Green unknown paste in poo

Two toes

In the Brooder
Jul 27, 2020
IMG_20200927_183111.jpg

The hen that did this is 4 years old and is in the middle of a molt. She has been acting a little off for the past few weeks now, she is eating next to nothing now and takes frequent naps. She still walks around and forages but slower pace. Before she started molting she was laying thin shelled eggs for a few months prior she also laid a lash egg a few weeks ago. I have no idea what the green parts are, they have the texture of brittle poo that falls apart. Can someone help me?

View attachment 2350353
The hen that did this is 4 years old and is in the middle of a molt. She has been acting a little off for the past few weeks now, she is eating next to nothing now and takes frequent naps. She still walks around and forages but slower pace. Before she started molting she was laying thin shelled eggs for a few months prior she also laid a lash egg a few weeks ago. I have no idea what the green parts are, they have the texture of brittle poo that falls apart. Can someone help me?
I don't think I've ever see that even in pictures.
@casportpony @Eggcessive @coach723

So the light green is brittle?
Is her crop emptying overnight?

The lash egg is concerning. With her molting she may stop laying eggs, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the inflammation in her oviduct will go away.
Have you considered offering supportive care via antibiotics to see if that helps with the Salpingitis?

I haven’t seen that before either. Not eating is usually a cause of green poop, but it looks like she has some dark brown cecal poop with urates as well. What is she eating? An antibiotic might be something you would want to give her for the salpingitis, to help extend her life. Fish Mox is sometimes available in feed stores, but you may find it online.

The same hen pood this tonight, I have no idea why its so blue , she is still pooing the green paste though. Is the blueness caused by an infection
IMG_20200928_194528.jpg

She has gone off her layer feed, she eats a little bit of grass, some bugs when she finds them. No red cabbage or beetroot or anything I recall that can change he colour of the poo

Back
Top Bottom