Green unknown paste in poo

The amount of liquid may be an indication of a kidney problem. The green may also be urates in a more solid form, again possibly a kidney problem. Without labs, kind of hard to guess. Reproductive problems, including infection and cancer, can also cause kidney and liver issues. I would guess some type of reproductive problem since the whole of the symptoms seem to point that way. Sometimes it's not known for sure until necropsy. If you want to try an antibiotic, that would not be out of line, but no way to know for sure if it will help. Does her abdomen feel bloated at all, either water balloon like, or very firm?

The amount of liquid may be an indication of a kidney problem. The green may also be urates in a more solid form, again possibly a kidney problem. Without labs, kind of hard to guess. Reproductive problems, including infection and cancer, can also cause kidney and liver issues. I would guess some type of reproductive problem since the whole of the symptoms seem to point that way. Sometimes it's not known for sure until necropsy. If you want to try an antibiotic, that would not be out of line, but no way to know for sure if it will help. Does her abdomen feel bloated at all, either water balloon like, or very firm?
Her abdomen feels soft but firm at the same time

Even if your vets are not good with birds, I would see if they will do a fecal for you. That would rule out internal parasites as an issue. It's the same test for all species, so hopefully they would be willing to at least do that. I have had really sick birds from worms, and sometimes secondary infections come with it.

Could she have been eating some dark blue berries? The digestive system does not quite function as well as usually during the molt and with only very little nutrition the droppings can become quite funky.

When did you last de-worm her?

Could she have been eating some dark blue berries? The digestive system does not quite function as well as usually during the molt and with only very little nutrition the droppings can become quite funky.

When did you last de-worm her?
I actually have never wormed her ever, I plan to because I found a worm in one of my other hens poo

Worms can cause severe digestive problems and even more so during molt.
Here in Ireland, I can't buy any suitable wormer for poultry in feed stores, at least in my area. I can only buy 'natural' non medicated wormers online and I question there effectiveness.

Back
Top Bottom