Greenhouse into a coop...what would you change?

. . . Of course, the windows are going to have to depend on what I find on Craigs List or the salvage yard, now that I think of it. The door will face north, so I will be probably putting in a recycled solid door and putting a pop hole in the south wall into the run area. . . .

Okay Sandy, sounds like a plan!

Here's an idea. Purchase the door and windows first and build the shed around their dimensions.

That's what I did with the lean-to greenhouse 20 years ago. It made construction simple (especially since that greenhouse wasn't much other than a roof over windows and doors
wink.png
).

Steve​

Here's an idea. Purchase the door and windows first and build the shed around their dimensions.

Yeah, I bet that's easier than trying to find one to fit the openings! Now I'm getting excited!!! Thanks, Steve! Oooooohhhhhh, I can't WAIT to start my coop!
big_smile.png

Sandy​

Last edited:
I plan to use the semi-opaque white wavy fiberglass over my run, but I am going to whitewash it for the summer like they did with greenhouse roofs in the old days.

Through the winter the paint washes off, allowing thermal gain during the colder months.

Back
Top Bottom