Greenhouse questions

Mar 26, 2020
Southern Vermont
I was given 3 greenhouses, one was erect but missing its glass, the other was a twisted wreck and the third was still in the box but is missing some hardware. I have enough glass for one greenhouse.. i think.. i am not loving the glass it is big and fragile. I am worried about someone getting hurt or one of the animals getting into it. Harbor freight has a greenhouse that looks (in the picture) just like my 3. Only it comes with 2 layer polycarbonate panels. The ones i have came with 2 Empire propane furnaces and 2 exhaust fans and a bunch of control equipment.. so it is not a total waste. Question is had anyone used the harbor freight ones? Am i over looking some affordable material that I could reasonably use the greenhouses i have? I only want one complete one.
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-ft-...hw2aER5V6i3A5cX1iLf0TSiNOqlt7lURoCW7oQAvD_BwE
8F5F2031-09B2-4B5D-BBDF-714DECE92279.jpeg
2D877E17-C558-4DC6-82A2-E019262FFED2.jpeg

I am going to watch this thread!
I want a greenhouse and looked at the harbor freight on but I want a lean-to greenhouse and thought of buying that greenhouse and cutting it down the peak to make a huge lean-to greenhouse.
I hope others have tried the harbor freight one!

Ive had hot and cold with harbor freight. Im a tool nazi, so i am exceptionally critical, however for some things i have had good luck. I have sime tools i keep in my service truck that are theirntoo end... they ain’t great, but considering the abuse they take.. they arw pretty decent

I live in the country (outskirts of town) and I would prefer corrugated plastic sheets cut down for windows instead of glass. My flock free ranges and two years ago I had a funnel cloud go through my yard. I would want to minimize anything getting shattered and the flock eating the glass.

I have a harbor freight 6x8 greenhouse.
I did beef it up by attaching it to a heavy base that has long spikes driven into the ground. I also attached my wooden shelving to the framework to add rigidity.

Mine has been up a couple years and has withstood 2' of snow and several extreme wind storms.

This was last November.
IMG_20191126_065723.jpg

I have a harbor freight 6x8 greenhouse.
I did beef it up by attaching it to a heavy base that has long spikes driven into the ground. I also attached my wooden shelving to the framework to add rigidity.

Mine has been up a couple years and has withstood 2' of snow and several extreme wind storms.

This was last November.
View attachment 2448519
How do the panels attach into The framing?

Thanks! Their greenhouse is cheaper than i can buy that corrugated stuff to make new from what I have. I would like to get this for my wife for Christmas.. but it is currently backorded. I will call around and see if l any stores have it , there are 3 about an hour and a half from me in all directions

Thanks! Their greenhouse is cheaper than i can buy that corrugated stuff to make new from what I have. I would like to get this for my wife for Christmas.. but it is currently backorded. I will call around and see if l any stores have it , there are 3 about an hour and a half from me in all directions

I know what you mean. Maybe that is why everyone gets upset if they lose a panel.

Back
Top Bottom