Greenhouse questions

Mar 26, 2020
Southern Vermont
I was given 3 greenhouses, one was erect but missing its glass, the other was a twisted wreck and the third was still in the box but is missing some hardware. I have enough glass for one greenhouse.. i think.. i am not loving the glass it is big and fragile. I am worried about someone getting hurt or one of the animals getting into it. Harbor freight has a greenhouse that looks (in the picture) just like my 3. Only it comes with 2 layer polycarbonate panels. The ones i have came with 2 Empire propane furnaces and 2 exhaust fans and a bunch of control equipment.. so it is not a total waste. Question is had anyone used the harbor freight ones? Am i over looking some affordable material that I could reasonably use the greenhouses i have? I only want one complete one.
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-ft-...hw2aER5V6i3A5cX1iLf0TSiNOqlt7lURoCW7oQAvD_BwE
8F5F2031-09B2-4B5D-BBDF-714DECE92279.jpeg
2D877E17-C558-4DC6-82A2-E019262FFED2.jpeg

I am going to watch this thread!
I want a greenhouse and looked at the harbor freight on but I want a lean-to greenhouse and thought of buying that greenhouse and cutting it down the peak to make a huge lean-to greenhouse.
I hope others have tried the harbor freight one!
I built a lean to greenhouse on my deck up against the south wall of my house. I did not use a kit to build it.

I am going to watch this thread!
I want a greenhouse and looked at the harbor freight on but I want a lean-to greenhouse and thought of buying that greenhouse and cutting it down the peak to make a huge lean-to greenhouse.
I hope others have tried the harbor freight one!
Were you closer I would give you one.

Thank you! I was looking at which would be cheapest buying this greenhouse and cutting it or make one from scratch. I would love a 20' long lean to greenhouse on the south side of my detached garage.
Mine is 9' wide by 20' long with a 2"x4" frame. I started with triple wall for the outside panels, 8' panels cut in half for the south side set up on a 1.5' base wall. The sides were angled up to meet the house roof and did not get a base wall. Later I added double wall panels on the inside with a 1/2" spacer between them and the outer wall.

I used the polycarbonate clear panels for the roof. Later I added lexan under the roof for an additional insulating air gap.

Mine is 9' wide by 20' long with a 2"x4" frame. I started with triple wall for the outside panels, 8' panels cut in half for the south side set up on a 1.5' base wall. The sides were angled up to meet the house roof and did not get a base wall. Later I added double wall panels on the inside with a 1/2" spacer between them and the outer wall.

I used the polycarbonate clear panels for the roof. Later I added lexan under the roof for an additional insulating air gap.
I love this! Thank you!

I have a harbor freight 6x8 greenhouse.
I did beef it up by attaching it to a heavy base that has long spikes driven into the ground. I also attached my wooden shelving to the framework to add rigidity.

Mine has been up a couple years and has withstood 2' of snow and several extreme wind storms.

This was last November.
IMG_20191126_065723.jpg

Thanks! Their greenhouse is cheaper than i can buy that corrugated stuff to make new from what I have. I would like to get this for my wife for Christmas.. but it is currently backorded. I will call around and see if l any stores have it , there are 3 about an hour and a half from me in all directions

Back
Top Bottom