Greenhouse questions

Tell me about it! There are a lot of panels in it. I was looking for 4x8 sheets of the stuff, they were anywhere from 150-200 bucks a pop and I presume there was shipping involved.

I am not sure if Harbor Freight has replacement panels available or not.

Maybe the clear corrugated roofing panels can be made to work. It would take the matching wood thingies to seal it up for sure. Thinking laying them horizontal instead of vertical might work. They don't hold up well to hail though.

Have you looked at a hoop greenhouse?
They look DIY friendly. I use low tunnels on my garden beds in spring for frost protection. I think a hoop greenhouse is a lot like a low tunnel just giant sized.

I am going to watch this thread!
I want a greenhouse and looked at the harbor freight on but I want a lean-to greenhouse and thought of buying that greenhouse and cutting it down the peak to make a huge lean-to greenhouse.
I hope others have tried the harbor freight one!
I built a lean to greenhouse on my deck up against the south wall of my house. I did not use a kit to build it.

I am going to watch this thread!
I want a greenhouse and looked at the harbor freight on but I want a lean-to greenhouse and thought of buying that greenhouse and cutting it down the peak to make a huge lean-to greenhouse.
I hope others have tried the harbor freight one!
Were you closer I would give you one.

I built a lean to greenhouse on my deck up against the south wall of my house. I did not use a kit to build it.
Thank you! I was looking at which would be cheapest buying this greenhouse and cutting it or make one from scratch. I would love a 20' long lean to greenhouse on the south side of my detached garage.

Thank you! I was looking at which would be cheapest buying this greenhouse and cutting it or make one from scratch. I would love a 20' long lean to greenhouse on the south side of my detached garage.
Mine is 9' wide by 20' long with a 2"x4" frame. I started with triple wall for the outside panels, 8' panels cut in half for the south side set up on a 1.5' base wall. The sides were angled up to meet the house roof and did not get a base wall. Later I added double wall panels on the inside with a 1/2" spacer between them and the outer wall.

I used the polycarbonate clear panels for the roof. Later I added lexan under the roof for an additional insulating air gap.

Mine is 9' wide by 20' long with a 2"x4" frame. I started with triple wall for the outside panels, 8' panels cut in half for the south side set up on a 1.5' base wall. The sides were angled up to meet the house roof and did not get a base wall. Later I added double wall panels on the inside with a 1/2" spacer between them and the outer wall.

I used the polycarbonate clear panels for the roof. Later I added lexan under the roof for an additional insulating air gap.
I love this! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom