greenish yellow mucos with green poop

umarson

Chirping
Jun 1, 2015
KANO, NIGERIA, AFRICA
After treating cocci with amprolium last 3days I notice two of my chickens passing this kind of poop as in the title. The mucos percentage is high about 85 percent of the poo. Sorry I couldn't post the pics cos am using handheld device to get online. Anyone with this kind of experience? My chickens don't range on green pasture or feed on anything green. Pls help cos I lost two of my chickens this way. Don't want to loose any again.
I set them on virocidal,vitamins and glucose cos they couldn't eat enough food but drink a lot. Crop is almost empty. Thyre not too weak to move arround but thet sit for long and closed their eyes.

After treating cocci with amprolium last 3days I notice two of my chickens passing this kind of poop as in the title. The mucos percentage is high about 85 percent of the poo. Sorry I couldn't post the pics cos am using handheld device to get online. Anyone with this kind of experience? My chickens don't range on green pasture or feed on anything green. Pls help cos I lost two of my chickens this way. Don't want to loose any again.
I set them on virocidal,vitamins and glucose cos they couldn't eat enough food but drink a lot. Crop is almost empty. Thyre not too weak to move arround but thet sit for long and closed their eyes.

Possible worm infestation ?

It just hapen. I lost one chicken again. I searched for the possible illnes to my chickens but couldn't get to know the case. Older posts suggest possible liver/kidney or fungal infection from their feed but am not sure of thay. I lost one again and another one is sick again.

My local vet said it was Newcastle cos my chickens were not given NDV vaccine when they're been raised. Its because my chickens were having fowlpox and cocci at that age. He asked me to set them on neomycin and doxycycline for 5 days. And then give them lasota. Sigh, don't have option but to try.

Newcastle treatment started today. I avoid lasota in case my flock has an unknown infection. So, am treating them with virocidal and coccidiostat for 4-5 days which is another option of treating newcastle. Local vets here encourage this option for complicated cases or already sick chickens having NDV symptoms and another sickness symptoms.

I dont know any thing about newcastles. I am glad they are improving for you . even if they still have a way to go. Did the vet check the poop for worms while he was at it ? green poop=starvation. I have never seen the yellow.

thats good. Wish I could say that , one of mine went lame and couldnt figure out why he wasnt getting better . a friend suggested worming them and it was disgusting.
sickbyc.gif
I dont even want to touch him now. LOL I dont have very good luck with colorful chickens.
What kind do you have ?

Back
Top Bottom