greenish yellow mucos with green poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by umarson, Feb 18, 2016.

1. umarson

umarson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2015
    KANO, NIGERIA, AFRICA
    After treating cocci with amprolium last 3days I notice two of my chickens passing this kind of poop as in the title. The mucos percentage is high about 85 percent of the poo. Sorry I couldn't post the pics cos am using handheld device to get online. Anyone with this kind of experience? My chickens don't range on green pasture or feed on anything green. Pls help cos I lost two of my chickens this way. Don't want to loose any again.
    I set them on virocidal,vitamins and glucose cos they couldn't eat enough food but drink a lot. Crop is almost empty. Thyre not too weak to move arround but thet sit for long and closed their eyes.

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Possible worm infestation ?

3. umarson

Jun 1, 2015
    KANO, NIGERIA, AFRICA
    It just hapen. I lost one chicken again. I searched for the possible illnes to my chickens but couldn't get to know the case. Older posts suggest possible liver/kidney or fungal infection from their feed but am not sure of thay. I lost one again and another one is sick again.

4. umarson

Jun 1, 2015
    KANO, NIGERIA, AFRICA
    My local vet said it was Newcastle cos my chickens were not given NDV vaccine when they're been raised. Its because my chickens were having fowlpox and cocci at that age. He asked me to set them on neomycin and doxycycline for 5 days. And then give them lasota. Sigh, don't have option but to try.

5. umarson

Jun 1, 2015
    KANO, NIGERIA, AFRICA
    Newcastle treatment started today. I avoid lasota in case my flock has an unknown infection. So, am treating them with virocidal and coccidiostat for 4-5 days which is another option of treating newcastle. Local vets here encourage this option for complicated cases or already sick chickens having NDV symptoms and another sickness symptoms.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I wish you the best of luck with them..

7. umarson

Jun 1, 2015
    KANO, NIGERIA, AFRICA
    Thank you. They're improving but slowly. They're regaining their strength but the poop color remains green with little yellow mucos.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I dont know any thing about newcastles. I am glad they are improving for you . even if they still have a way to go. Did the vet check the poop for worms while he was at it ? green poop=starvation. I have never seen the yellow.

9. umarson

Jun 1, 2015
    KANO, NIGERIA, AFRICA
    No worms in the poo cos I deworm them just last week that's 3 days before I noticed the green poo color and they don't range on green pasture.

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    thats good. Wish I could say that , one of mine went lame and couldnt figure out why he wasnt getting better . a friend suggested worming them and it was disgusting. [​IMG] I dont even want to touch him now. LOL I dont have very good luck with colorful chickens.
    What kind do you have ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by