Greenish/yellow poop and lethargic

This morning his crop was like a small squishy balloon. He had not eaten or drank anything for more than 12 hours. Does this mean his crop has some kind of blockage?
He is definitely getting worse. No crowing this morning and sitting down with eyes mostly closed. His poop is black bits with the same yellow.

He is drinking a lot of water now. I have not given him food today because of the crop worry.
If it was not empty after 12hrs he is having some crop problems.
http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/impacted-slow-and-sour-crops-prevention-and-treatments

Yes I have now realised he has sour crop but I'm not sure if sour crop is the root problem or if his digestion is slowed due to some other infection causing the strange poop. He never had an impacted crop so I'm not sure how/why his crop soured.
I have ordered antifungal medication awaiting delivery tomorrow so in the mean time I induced vomiting and some slimy whitish fluid stuff came out (very smelly). He has no had any food for more than 36 hours at this point, no water for 12 overnight, but the crop was still small ball sized and squishy this moning. I will now give him water with acv but not sure if he should have any solids?

Yes I have now realised he has sour crop but I'm not sure if sour crop is the root problem or if his digestion is slowed due to some other infection causing the strange poop. He never had an impacted crop so I'm not sure how/why his crop soured.
I have ordered antifungal medication awaiting delivery tomorrow so in the mean time I induced vomiting and some slimy whitish fluid stuff came out (very smelly). He has no had any food for more than 36 hours at this point, no water for 12 overnight, but the crop was still small ball sized and squishy this moning. I will now give him water with acv but not sure if he should have any solids?
I would make sure he has plenty of water to drink. Offer him something soft to eat like mash up hard boiled egg or soak some of his feed. You can add a 1 teaspoon yogurt to his feed. Also massage the crop and get about 1 teaspoon Virgin Coconut Oil down him. You want to get water/fluids into him first before you offer food.

A lot of times a sour crop is due to an underlying condition - infection, worms, coccidiosis and in laying hens reproductive disorders are common causes.
This is why it's a good idea to get a fecal float and gram stain to find the cause - it's fairly easy to treat worms and/or coccidiosis, but if it's due to infection you will need antibiotics which you will need a script for since you are in the UK.

Update:

I have been treating with antibiotics (oxytetracycline was all I could get hold of) and fluconazole (antifungal) and my rooster, Mr Pepper, is looking MUCH better! :celebrate

Today his comb has straightened out after becoming very floppy, his poops are a much more healthy looking brown and solid, and his appetite is back. His little personality is back too and he has spent much of the day crowing because he misses his ladies. I am keeping inside in isolation for the rest of the day to make sure he is eating and drinking enough but plan to let him out to free range again tomorrow.

Thank you to all who replied for your advice and help!

Let us know if the crop has emptied.

What are you feeding him?

The yellow poop is not normal, if there is any way you can get a fecal test it would be a good idea.
My rooster having same kind of poops from 7 days his crop gets slows he get better with sulfamethaoxizole but again his crop get slows today so.i send his poop for a culture and routine fecal float.. what should I give him

Does he have sour crop?
His crop is slow like squishy in the morning .
No smell yet coming but he pooping the same kind of poop OP attached ..so today I send his poop for testing . I have plenty of Medicine but if it's yeast it will create more trouble

I don't have OxyTetracycline but I have Doxycycline

Right, if it's turning sour, then any of those antibiotics will cause more trouble.

When will you get the fecal float results back?

Yes they just collected the sample says the routine will come at noon and cultural come in 72h which is for Bacterial Infection but yeast parasitic issue will come in routine

Back
Top Bottom