1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Greeting from Kentucky

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mikey569, Aug 28, 2011.

1. mikey569

mikey569 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2011
    Laurel Co, Kentucky
    Hello all, My wife decided she wanted laying hens. We bought 6 yesterday and a rooster. I found this site looking for info on dealing with them since i have never messed with chickens before. So any suggestions would be great. [​IMG]

2. Amigo

Amigo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!
    [​IMG]

3. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Just read and ask question and have fun like the rest of us~Welcome from Washington State!!!

4. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! You will love this site. I suggest using this site's search to find out answers to any specific questions. You can find the answer to almost anything! For now, a safe roomy pen (dogs & raccoons can tear through some chicken wire with ease & hawks are a problem if your run isn't covered), fresh water and feed for their age group. Heat can be a serious problem for chickens. If it's hot for you it can be deadly for them. Do a search on how to keep them cool. It will depend on your humidity as to the proper solution. Enjoy your flock! [​IMG]

6. turbodog

turbodog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Independence, La.
    Welcome to BYC!
    It's THE place for the chickeny inclined!

7. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome to BYC!

8. Creed Bennett

Creed Bennett Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Western Kentucky
    Hey mikey569, Welcome! I'm new here as well and also from Kentucky. I'm in Western Kentucky. What part of the state are you in?

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. You're in the right place because there's lots of great info on here. Congrats on your chickens & good luck [​IMG]

10. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

frow Hello Mikey, from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by