Greetings all!

Beauknowes

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2020
Chicagoland
Hello! I just got my first silkie chicken about a month ago. “She” is a rescue that started her journey at TSC but after she became dehydrated and listless she was moved to a back room and considered unsellable and was kind of left to die. Fortunately for her, an amazing woman with a heart of gold and healing touch happened into that TSC that day. I have 26 years experience with parrots and ducks but this is my very first chicken. I have wanted to have a silkie “house chicken” for years, when I first got her I considered her to be a blue splash silkie but now she is blue, white and black so I’m not sure what you would call her.. She is also quite large, tall for a silkie. I was told this chicken is believed to be a pullet but I’m not sure. She is about 5 months old, spoiled, and loves to snuggle. Her name is ZsaZsa. The rest of my flock consists of 3 ducks,2 lovebirds, a pacific parrotlet, a foster parakeet, a cat, 2 poms and a husband lol. I am really excited to have this forum full of experienced chicken keepers and avian enthusiasts who can help me decode all my chicken mysteries. In 1994 when I embarked on my first(of many) avian adventures there were no online parrot groups or internet. Even in 2000 when I got my first duck - there was no Facebook, no online duck groups, I mean I actually had to read books for answers to my duck questions lol. Anyway, I am very thankful for this forum, I look forward to meeting you all and talking chicken. Attached is a picture of my spoiled silkie ZsaZsa

Attachments

• E2712981-CDF3-42A3-998D-28F97447F6F5.jpeg
    E2712981-CDF3-42A3-998D-28F97447F6F5.jpeg
    578.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom