Silver laced wyandotte rooster over Gold laced wyandotte hen

MrsMeanGreen

Songster
Apr 29, 2023
Sylvania, GA
What would the chicks look like? Sorry genetics are not my thing. I have 1 Silver laced cockerel, 1 silver laced pullet and 2 gold laced hens who I am eventually going to house together, since they are not friendly to people or other chickens :hmm
So am just wondering if it would be worth hatching eggs from the group in the (far off) future.

What would the chicks look like? Sorry genetics are not my thing. I have 1 Silver laced cockerel, 1 silver laced pullet and 2 gold laced hens who I am eventually going to house together, since they are not friendly to people or other chickens :hmm
So am just wondering if it would be worth hatching eggs from the group in the (far off) future.
Chicks with a Silver Laced father and a Gold Laced mother should look mostly Silver Laced, but the "silver" may be yellowish or have some red blotches, rather than being a nice clean white color.

Thanks @NatJ
I think they are beautiful birds individually, but wouldn't want to hatch out from them if their offspring will be muddy or less attractive. Honestly besides being attractive, they are my least favorite in the flock when it comes to temperament, so probably best anyway not to add more of them with hatching.

Thanks @NatJ
I think they are beautiful birds individually, but wouldn't want to hatch out from them if their offspring will be muddy or less attractive. Honestly besides being attractive, they are my least favorite in the flock when it comes to temperament, so probably best anyway not to add more of them with hatching.
Glad I could help :)

Whether the chicks are attractive is partly a matter of personal preference, but if you don't like their temperament I agree that you might not want to hatch chicks from them.

Back
Top Bottom