Greetings from a New Chicken mama

Tired Mama

Hatching
Mar 23, 2016
Hello! I am an excited/proud/nervous new mama of 5 adorable baby chicks. I am anxious to learn all about how to keep them healthy, happy & egg laying:)

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Have you visited our great Learning Center? It's the best place for finding answers to your questions. I also recommend "Raising Backyard chickens" forum, and your state thread - just put the name in the search box and it will come up. You may find you have some bycer neighbors to help you along.

ps What breeds do you have? Once they are about 6-8 weeks old you can post photos at "what breed or gender is this," so you will know if you truly have girls or not.

I think we have 2 Isa Browns & 3 Rhode Island reds but the girl wasn't too sure! I have started reading info in the Learning Center . So much to learn! Thank you!

Hi, welcome and congrats on your new chicks! I hope you enjoy your chicken-keeping adventure,

Joining your state thread will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area, which can be helpful (just type the name of your state in the search box).

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom