Greetings from a new chicken owner in Pacifica :)

veroletta

Hatching
5 Years
May 5, 2014
We just got a coop, and picked up 4 chickens this weekend (3 RIR, and 1 Leghorn). My 3 little girls are so excited!! We spent the weekend predator-proofing and painting the coop. So far, enjoying every moment of our foray into suburban farming. :)

images

Welcome to BYC!

That is a Beautiful Coop!!!!!!! Do you hire out??
lol.png
Your birds will be very happy in their new home.

If you have any questions about anything, that is what we are here for.

Enjoy your new flock and welcome to ours!

Thank you! The coop was built and assembled in our yard. We did the pavers over chicken wire for predator-proofing, and the paint job ourselves. :)

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
We just got a coop, and picked up 4 chickens this weekend (3 RIR, and 1 Leghorn). My 3 little girls are so excited!! We spent the weekend predator-proofing and painting the coop. So far, enjoying every moment of our foray into suburban farming. :)

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

A #1 on the chicken coop & run
thumbsup.gif

Welcome to BYC! It's a beautiful coop, but it looks as though the hardware cloth does not run all the way to the top, and over the roof. I would suggest completely enclosing it in hardware cloth as there are a lot of predators that are very good climbers. I know it will be a little extra expense, but it's cheaper than replacing your flock. Good luck with your new coop. I know your girls will love the chickens (my children, and now my granddaughter do).

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Aww! I just love your coop! Great job!

Good luck with your little peepers!

Feel free to ask any questions; glad you joined!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom