Greetings from a Newbee

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by slabcrappy, Mar 19, 2011.

1. slabcrappy

slabcrappy Songster

Mar 19, 2011
    Orchard Park, NY
    Hello, fellow chicken lovers! I am a new father to 9 hens. 3 New Hampshire Reds, 3 Golden Buffs and 3 Dark Cornish. they are almost 2 weeks old and doing very well! There is some awesome information on this site so I joined this morning. I have a ton of work to do on my coop, so I am not sure why I am sitting here on the computer, but whatever! Happy chickening all!

Sal

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Welcome, new chickie dad Sal! Hi from western Kentucky! This is a great resource for learning about coop construction, raising chickens in all stages of life, other poultry, back yard herds, etc. You're gonna love this place.... !! It's chock-full of friendly, helpful people who are generous with their time and experience. It's a great place to laugh, joke, and share with like-minded people, too. Hope to see you around the forum! [​IMG]

3. dkvart1

dkvart1 Songster

Nov 5, 2010
    Welcome! What crtrlvr said except from Northern Florida!

Best of luck with the girls! I'm envious, it will be later this summer before I can become mom to any chicks!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Now go get to work!

5. slabcrappy

slabcrappy Songster

Mar 19, 2011
    Orchard Park, NY
    thank you! I am from Buffalo, New York, more specifically, Orchard Park (home of the Buffalo Bills). I have literally logged about 7 hours surfing this site for coops, brooders and chick care this week. It is awesome, but I have to say, I feel insecure around you hard core chicken buffs. Please take me "under your wing"!! Hardy har har...

Sal

6. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Songster

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG]

7. schellie69

schellie69 Songster

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas.

8. dianaross77

dianaross77 Songster

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Michigan!

9. slabcrappy

slabcrappy Songster

Mar 19, 2011
    Orchard Park, NY
    Quote:Once I found I could have them, I ordered them right away from Meyer Hatchery. The shipping was a real bite in the butt, but what are you going to do? Then I found out that Tractor Supply Company got Reds (pullets) and Buff Orpingtons (straight run) for $2.49 and 1.99 respectively. [​IMG] But I am thrilled with the chicks. Oh, today I took the advise that I learned on this site and bought a bunch of crickets. It was AWESOME!! Feeding frenzy, once they knew that they were there for them to eat. [​IMG]

10. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Crowing

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by