Greetings from a Newbee

slabcrappy

Songster
8 Years
Mar 19, 2011
Orchard Park, NY
Hello, fellow chicken lovers! I am a new father to 9 hens. 3 New Hampshire Reds, 3 Golden Buffs and 3 Dark Cornish. they are almost 2 weeks old and doing very well! There is some awesome information on this site so I joined this morning. I have a ton of work to do on my coop, so I am not sure why I am sitting here on the computer, but whatever! Happy chickening all!

Sal

Welcome, new chickie dad Sal! Hi from western Kentucky! This is a great resource for learning about coop construction, raising chickens in all stages of life, other poultry, back yard herds, etc. You're gonna love this place.... !! It's chock-full of friendly, helpful people who are generous with their time and experience. It's a great place to laugh, joke, and share with like-minded people, too. Hope to see you around the forum!
smile.png

Welcome! What crtrlvr said except from Northern Florida!

Best of luck with the girls! I'm envious, it will be later this summer before I can become mom to any chicks!

thank you! I am from Buffalo, New York, more specifically, Orchard Park (home of the Buffalo Bills). I have literally logged about 7 hours surfing this site for coops, brooders and chick care this week. It is awesome, but I have to say, I feel insecure around you hard core chicken buffs. Please take me "under your wing"!! Hardy har har...

Sal

Quote:
Once I found I could have them, I ordered them right away from Meyer Hatchery. The shipping was a real bite in the butt, but what are you going to do? Then I found out that Tractor Supply Company got Reds (pullets) and Buff Orpingtons (straight run) for $2.49 and 1.99 respectively.
somad.gif
But I am thrilled with the chicks. Oh, today I took the advise that I learned on this site and bought a bunch of crickets. It was AWESOME!! Feeding frenzy, once they knew that they were there for them to eat.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom