Greetings from Appalachia!

Welcome, Be sure to visit us on the Prayer Warrior's thread, and the many gardening threads. You'll also enjoy your state thread. There's also DIY and homesteading threads which cover many aspects of home making on a shoe string, and canning.
Welcome, Be sure to visit us on the Prayer Warrior's thread, and the many gardening threads. You'll also enjoy your state thread. There's also DIY and homesteading threads which cover many aspects of home making on a shoe string, and canning.
thank you very much, I am always looking for new or different ways to do things, especially in the garden

Welcome Cool.gif
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

It sounds like you have a very nice flock

Hello, everyone!
I just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself and my flock.
I am a wife, mom and Maw maw to a wonderful family living in southern West Virginia and keeping a tiny urban flock of feathered friends. I have Australorps, a Silver Laced Wyandotte and a barred Plymouth Rock. I'll be adding just a few more early in the summer after coop expansion. Hopefully some RIRs.

I raised chickens as a child for 4H with the assistance of my grandparents so it has been quite a while since I kept a flock.
My hubby is slowly coming over to the feathered side...we have eggs after all
Some of my other hobbies and interests include church activities & ministry, View attachment 1258906 sewing, gardening and canning.

Join right in Welcome to Backyard Chickens a great place

G’Day from down under Chillinwitmypeeps :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Such a wonderful welcome! Thank you all so much. I hope to share some photos soon. I am in the middle of expanding the chicken run and just finished the new coop yesterday. The girls are getting ready to go outside for the first time hopefully tonight, tomorrow at the latest. They are way overdue as we have had ice storms and uncommonly cold weather which also delayed coop construction. But all is well and I'm greatly enjoying everyone's stories and photo shares!

Back
Top Bottom