Greetings from BC, Canada!!

Hey -- thank you for all the information! I'm loving my little girls, but especially that Lohmann Brown -- the other ones aren't friendly, but she's starting to follow me around the yard. She's so lovely, too! I decided to call her Honeysuckle, since she's so sweet. <3

Thanks!! (And I love that poem... made famous by the Outsiders novel -- one of the only poems I've ever memorized, it touched me deeply as a youth!)

Honeysuckle is a nice name for a sweet hen. Those red sex links are great birds, she should be a wonderful egg layer for you!

Thanks, Kelsie! I love the name Honeysuckle, too!

I wanted to name all my hens flower names, but the big black Australorp I decided didn't deserve one, so her name is Sapphira (her feathers have a beautiful blue-green sheen to them, and she's mean with big talons like a dragon!). My 8-year-old absolutely insists that one of the grey hens is named Marshmallow, although he also decided "her nickname is Speedy, because she runs away from me so fast!". :eek:)

Oh -- I should know that! I've had mallows growing in my garden before, I love them! Thanks, that makes me feel better now. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom