Greetings from Brewton, AL!

Welcome to BYC. Dylon, understand that if you hatch eggs, about half of those chicks will be cockerels. Be prepared as to what you will do with all those young roosters.

I have two empty pens when they get to be too many. Maybe do a little selective breeding with them. And with the ones I don't need, well you know. I hate to think about it, but I'm prepared to take care of business

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from down the road in Coffee County. Glad you joined us. Best of luck with your hatching plans!
And be sure to check out the Alabama thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/29002/alabama

I have two empty pens when they get to be too many. Maybe do a little selective breeding with them. And with the ones I don't need, well you know. I hate to think about it, but I'm prepared to take care of business
I don't eat my birds and I found it can be hard to get rid of unwanted roosters, but if yours are pure breeds they should sell to people wanting to breed with them. You can advertise on Craigs List, or here and if there's no buyers there is always this: Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing Like Sourland said, you have a 50% chance of getting roosters, so if you hatch lots of eggs...

Good thing you have Silkies
thumbsup.gif
Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom