Greetings from Central Arkansas

I'm brand new to chickens but I want to learn everything I can about raising them before I actually start my flock. I am looking at Blue Australorps. First, I have to convince my husband to build my coop. He is a carpenter by trade but it always seems my projects are the last on his list. 🙄 I found BYC during a Facebook search for chicken groups. As an Army Mom, I have found Facebook groups to be my rock during new experiences. I look forward to gleaning knowledge from those that are experienced chicken tenders. 🐣
Welcome to BYC!!

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Welcome to BYC! I grew up in Arkansas but moved to Texas (nearer my wife's family) after separating from the Army back in 1992.

My experience has been that the information here is great. I've had less luck with the usefulness of the BYC Facebook group. I think the lack of organization and more difficulty searching for information make Facebook less suited as a resource.

Welcome to BYC! I grew up in Arkansas but moved to Texas (nearer my wife's family) after separating from the Army back in 1992.

My experience has been that the information here is great. I've had less luck with the usefulness of the BYC Facebook group. I think the lack of organization and more difficulty searching for information make Facebook less suited as a resource.
Very well written!

Back
Top Bottom