greetings from Central Illinois

chicksagogo

Hatching
8 Years
May 7, 2011
Hi there, I just came on board but am anxious to know who may be nearby close to Quincy. Had a nice flock of Americaunas and a few other varieties, 17 to be exact. Started with 24 chickens last spring and felt really good about my success rate. I even hatched out five chicks(or my two hens did, rather) Was beaming with pride. Then disaster struck. Had a major attack by something, not sure what. Lost 13 chickens and am down to one rooster and two hens. I would welcome any advice or consoling. Was using an automatic door when the attack occurred. No more automatic doors. Have gone back to battening down the hatches tight. But I am not to be defeated. Am looking to replace my hens, for sure, but do not particularly want to start with babies. Anybody know of any mature layers that are available to buy? Meanwhile, I am glad to be on board and look forward to chatting with fellow chicken lovers.

Welcome from Napa, CA! This is addicting!
wee.gif

sad.png
I'm sorry that happened to you! You've got my sympathy for sure! We think a raccoon got one of our nice hens and another died, we thinking trying to lay an egg that was just too big or something. Anyway, hang in there in here. You'll always have company to share your losses and to cheer your successes!

Judy

Back
Top Bottom