Greetings from France

mushypea

Hatching
Jul 27, 2016
Hi everyone.
My name is Marina and I live in the south of France near a lovely city called Toulouse. It's famous for its pink brick and violet candy. I used to love looking after my granny's chicks when I was little, but have been living in a flat for most of my life, so haven't had the chance to raise my own up until now.
I was planning on getting birds next year so I got a coop and drew up a plan for a secure enclosure. The lady I bought the coop from had to give up her hens for medical reasons, but the buyer never showed! This is how I ended up with 4 lovely elderly hens Moira, Meg, Pox and Ginger. The first 3 are Sussex chickens and I'm not sure what Ginger is. They are 3 and 4 years old but are still producing lovely eggs and putting smiles on anyone's face who spends any amount of time with them. We are almost done building their safe enclosure, for now they are using our dog enclosure for free ranging in the evenings.
Obviously these ladies are going to be pets, but having seen how much they enjoy their freedom I am now considering raising more birds for meat so that I never have to buy a bird that never got to chase a grasshopper across the lawn with her flock mates chasing her.
I'm very glad that this website exists, I've found all sorts of useful information here already and looking forward to learning more about chickens.

Hi Marina and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Toulouse and sausage spring to my mind :drool. Please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
Ct

Oh goodness, I've only just noticed the typo in the title! Is there any way to fix it? This is embarrassing :/

Oh goodness, I've only just noticed the typo in the title! Is there any way to fix it? This is embarrassing :/ 

Did we get it fixed for you? It looks ok now....another moderator may have come by and made corrections. :)

Welcome to BYC! :)

Welcome to BYC, Marina! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Wow! So amazing that you have joined us from France!! BYC sure does impact people ALL around the world!
smile.png

I love your avatar! Corgis are some of my favorite dogs.
love.gif
I also like the names you have given your flock. I have five hens myself who are named Gracie, Sunny, Quanie, Daisy and Rosie.

We're so happy to have you join our flock! Feel free to ask any questions.

Back
Top Bottom