1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Greetings from France

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mushypea, Jul 27, 2016.

1. mushypea

mushypea New Egg

Jul 27, 2016
    Hi everyone.
    My name is Marina and I live in the south of France near a lovely city called Toulouse. It's famous for its pink brick and violet candy. I used to love looking after my granny's chicks when I was little, but have been living in a flat for most of my life, so haven't had the chance to raise my own up until now.
    I was planning on getting birds next year so I got a coop and drew up a plan for a secure enclosure. The lady I bought the coop from had to give up her hens for medical reasons, but the buyer never showed! This is how I ended up with 4 lovely elderly hens Moira, Meg, Pox and Ginger. The first 3 are Sussex chickens and I'm not sure what Ginger is. They are 3 and 4 years old but are still producing lovely eggs and putting smiles on anyone's face who spends any amount of time with them. We are almost done building their safe enclosure, for now they are using our dog enclosure for free ranging in the evenings.
    Obviously these ladies are going to be pets, but having seen how much they enjoy their freedom I am now considering raising more birds for meat so that I never have to buy a bird that never got to chase a grasshopper across the lawn with her flock mates chasing her.
    I'm very glad that this website exists, I've found all sorts of useful information here already and looking forward to learning more about chickens.
    [​IMG]

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, Marina, and welcome to BYC. So,pleased you joined our group! Best of luck to and your chickens! :)

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Marina and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Toulouse and sausage spring to my mind :drool. Please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
    Ct

4. mushypea

mushypea New Egg

Jul 27, 2016
    Oh goodness, I've only just noticed the typo in the title! Is there any way to fix it? This is embarrassing :/

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop

Did we get it fixed for you? It looks ok now....another moderator may have come by and made corrections. :)

Welcome to BYC! :)

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Bon Jour Marina, very nice to meet you. Hope you will enjoy BYC as much as we do.

8. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC, Marina! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Wow! So amazing that you have joined us from France!! BYC sure does impact people ALL around the world![​IMG]

I love your avatar! Corgis are some of my favorite dogs.[​IMG] I also like the names you have given your flock. I have five hens myself who are named Gracie, Sunny, Quanie, Daisy and Rosie.

We're so happy to have you join our flock! Feel free to ask any questions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by