Greetings from Indiana

gwrulz

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 8, 2013
Franklin Indiana
Hello, I am new to backyardchickens.com but not new to back yard chickens.

When I was in high school I worked a whole summer detasseling corn to buy for the supplies to build my first coop and then ordered my chicks from McMurray. The chicks were ready to show at the 4-H fair the following year and I did really well.

I went off to Purdue to study Poultry, but right after college I jumped into a job that lead me to another job, ect ect.

Finally I've decided that I am going to start again raising chickens, I've started my coop building in the garage and it should be done soon. I still need to find some chicks that interest me, been eyeing Welsummer but not yet sure.

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif

Hello, I am new to backyardchickens.com but not new to back yard chickens.

When I was in high school I worked a whole summer detasseling corn to buy for the supplies to build my first coop and then ordered my chicks from McMurray. The chicks were ready to show at the 4-H fair the following year and I did really well.

I went off to Purdue to study Poultry, but right after college I jumped into a job that lead me to another job, ect ect.

Finally I've decided that I am going to start again raising chickens, I've started my coop building in the garage and it should be done soon. I still need to find some chicks that interest me, been eyeing Welsummer but not yet sure.

Hi gwrulz! Wanted to say hello-I live up the road in Greenwood IN and was a life long 4-H'er and now have 4 chicks in my chicken tractor. Let let me know if you have any questions about breeds that work well in the cold state of Indiana!

welcome-byc.gif
Get that coop finished and get some birds. Once a 'feather' person, always a feather person. Welcome back to the poultry community.

Back
Top Bottom