Greetings from Md--Newbie

I have been thinking maybe we should have a coop tour in Baltimore to see what everyone has that would be really cool!

Hello & Welcome!
I am very new to BYC site as well , there are lots of great people here to help though.
We have some Barred Rock chickens that are very nice and gentle with my 4 children.
Rhode Island red are pretty good with our children as well.
Watch out cause one chicken can quickly become an addiction
smile.png

Take care
Fay

Hi Steve, I used to live in Md (Elkton) but it got too crowded and I moved to Arkansas. My favorites are the cochins and cochin/araucana crosses. They are so big and cuddly and most eat out of my hand. They are slow and don't fly much. Crossed with Araucana they lay pretty well. Don't be nervous- chickens are incredibly fun and easy. Lisa

Hi Merry,
It's true, it gets worse and worse each year with farmland disappearing and wildlife being moved out.
I have horses and actually had people from Delaware living on a dirt road complain about horse manure on the road ( I assure you it was just a few plops). It's nothing like when I was a kid. I was closer to North East. I LOVE Hector and its people and wildlife. It's wierd though when you think of how squirrels in Delaware and developments in MD become nuiances and I see very few because people here eat them! I've also yet to lose a chicken to a fox. It really seems like earth in the balance here because you aren't overrun with anything.
Where are you in MD?

Back
Top Bottom