Greetings from Michigan

Looking4ewes

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 10, 2010
Greetings,

I am brand new to chickens, having picked up 50 broilers and 14 turkey poults 4 weeks ago. I plan to add some layers later on. It has been a discouraging time, since I have been struggling with respiratory illnesses in the chicks since day 1. This forum is a great resource, and I know that I will have many questions in the future. I appreciate the knowledge base of this forum.

I live on a beautiful 80 acre farm in Central MI that we purchased two years ago. We have sheep, many dogs, one farm cat, and we added 5 feeder pigs and a milk cow this year, along with the poultry. We have 35 acres of lush pasture and my plan is to raise as much of our food as possible, and to sell a bit of the extra. All the animals are thriving but the poultry.

regards,

Wendy

welcome-byc.gif
from the Thumb!
thumbsup.gif
Hang in there...it'll all be worth it.
wink.png

Welcome to the forum! I am 1/2 hour east of Lansing. Check out the MI thread too.

good luck with your meat birds. it is nice that they are a short term commitment
smile.png

Sarah

welcome-byc.gif

Sorry to hear about your chickens. I had a similar issue. I put a few drops of oil of oregano into their water and their respiratory illnesses clear right up. Oil of Oregano is a natural anti-bacterial, anti fungal and anti paracite.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom