Greetings from NC

1624320536366.png

Hi Kyle , nice intro, welcome to
Welcome! I love people with small flocks who SPOIL their girls! It’s best to know that some chickens, SOMEWHERE are cared for, much much MUCH better than a high production farm…
Whole heartedly agree. After the past year of caring for these girls we’ve debated going pescatarian. They have such big personalities and are honestly much smarter than I ever realized. Prior, I would’ve always considered myself a “dog person.” Now? 😅 You’re likely to catch me walking around with one of my hens perched on my shoulder while I’m working in my shed.

Hello all, my name is Kyle and I have a chicken addiction. Somewhat... not really, but I do love my girls. I have eight Plymouth Barred Rock hens. Four (Rosie, Sunny, Snickers, and Nugget) which just turned one. And another four (Patti, Biscuit, Dumpling, and Daisy) that are just now two weeks old. Despite the names my girls are strictly for eggs. Though Sunny is a bit of a freeloader. She is more of a lap chicken though honestly.

I’m an avid prepper, gardener, and homesteader. Raising and caring for chickens has been quite the experience thus far. In fact, the main reason I’m here now is simply because I’ve come to this site so many times looking for answers to all the ins and outs that I figured I’d be wise to just join. 😁

Hope to have some good convos and learn lots to keep my girls happy and healthy for years to come.
Hi Kyle! I am new too, welcome to BYC🐣

Back
Top Bottom