Greetings from new member from Norway

Hoensehus

In the Brooder
Feb 1, 2015
We are the Bang family and we have just started raising chickens. We bought our three pullets/hens and a young cockerel just this week. We've had ten eggs so far and besides that, I have started having an interest in incubating. So I made my own styrofoam box incubator. The first batch of 12 did not make it. The second batch of 12 is now down to 4 and on their 22nd day. I heard chirping this afternoon but there wasn't a crack yet. Last week I made another styrofoam incubator and bought organic eggs from the grocery store. I was lucky to find the eggs with a label that says: (it was in Norwegian) "...Among our hens are cockerels to keep the peace and order in the flock." I said Bingo! Eight out of nine eggs were fertilised. So I am keeping my hands full even in this cold weather...My family, especially my eleven-year-old son, thinks it is nice to have chickens. We also have a dog, an eight-year-old basset hound. We haven't properly introduced him to the chickens...Maybe I'll find the info in the one of the posts here. Our dog is a lovely dog, but he could be "hungry for chicken" so I have to do the precaution so that no chicken of mine will end up in his mouth :-D I hope all of you BYC members have a nice Sunday evening. Hilsen!!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sorry your first batch of eggs didn't make it. These things do happen. But good luck with this set of eggs! Keep us posted on the hatch!!
jumpy.gif

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sorry about the previous hatch! But best of luck with the upcoming one!

Hi :welcome
Glad you could join the flock! Sorry to hear your first batch eggs didn't make it, hope you have a better hatch this time :fl

This is a nice section of the learnng centre with some great articles on incubating. Definatly check out Sally Sunshines "Hatching eggs 101" it's a fantastic article and very informative.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-and-raising-chicks
Enjoy BYC and best of luck introducing your Basset hound to the chickens :frow

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined.

I'm sorry to hear about your hatching troubles! I hope you get at least a couple of chicks soon!
smile.png

Sending good hatching vibes your way
jumpy.gif
. Unfortunately dogs seems to love chickens in the wrong way. Glad you joined the flock
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom