Greetings from Novi, Michigan - now with chicken pix

SankofaGypsy

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
Metro Detroit
Hello, all...

I'm new to the forum, and don't actually own chickens yet. My big plan was to build a chicken tractor over the winter and get chicks in the spring... when I saw the very coop I was going to build, for sale on craigslist for much less than I was planning to spend on materials... and several improvements that I never would have thought of (like the wheels can be changed so it can be moved either on a north-south or east-west axis). I'm planning on getting a dozen aracauna hens in the spring, but I may just get a random assortment, too.

so begins the grand adventure!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I worked at a chicken farm when I was in college, and I've helped several friends with their flocks, but I'm just getting started.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

6, with 4 more on the way

(3) What breeds do you have?

2 americaunas, 2 silkies, 3 buff orps, and 3 black sexlinks

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

I found it through friends

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I ride horses, and do photography

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm married to a very tolerant man who puts up with all my critters. I have a 10 year old autralian shepherd, a 5 year old cat with severe allergies, and a 3 year old gypsy gelding. I'm a librarian, but am currently working as an archivist

Karin

Last edited:
Hi Karin!
welcome-byc.gif
from S. Florida! Sounds like you've got it figured out!
You'll love having chickens, they are so addictive!! Enjoy!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom