Greetings From South Central NY

meat1709

Songster
8 Years
Sep 24, 2014
New York
My name is Roger and I am on the NY/Pa border. I got into chickens almost four years ago when I went to look at a truck on craigslist and ended up coming home with a beautiful white leghorn rooster. The truck was a POS, but when the person heard I have a phobia of snakes and was infested with them, he insisted I take a rooster home. After that I got two easter-egger hens to keep him company. I have to say that there is never a dull moment with them, and I'd be lost without them. I currently have an easter-egger hen that is all that remains of the original flock, an austrlorp hen, two brown leghorn hens that are my newest additions, and a black silkie rooster. The brown leghorns were rescued from an egg production factory. I look forward to sharing ideas and stories about them.

welcome-byc.gif
glad you joined us!

Welcome to BYC, Roger. Glad you decided to join our flock. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. They are extremely hardy, calm and gentle, and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorites. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Thank you both, I do have a big question about a problem I am having with my flock. I am really fond of my australorp, she is my daddy's girl and love to be held and spend time with me. She is the gentlest hen I've seen.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!!

Make yourself at home here and enjoy your flocks!

Back
Top Bottom