Greetings from South Central Pa

My name is Colleen and I brought home my first chickens today. I got 5 one week old Easter Eggers and theyre just lovely. I look forward to the future camaraderie with you all. Heres a pic of the cuties soon after they got here and took a nap.
My havanese, Sophie, enjoys watching them too. Thanks for looking
smile.png

Hi :welcome Colleen

Glad you could join the flock! You have some lovely chicks there, very cute. Wishing you the very best of luck with your new chicken adventure. Be sure to ask any questions you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome to BYC, Colleen. Glad you decided join our flock. Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your EEs.

Thank you. I will. Luckily I think I have a pretty good handle on it. Time will tell. I'm so glad I have a 3 day wknd this week to work on my coop. I'm going to use part of my barn. I just need to add a wall, cut a hole for a run, and shore up the old stall door better. Oh and run a vent pipe out. It has a concrete floor in it already too. I have all summer to get it winter ready. I'll post a pic. :) Saulsberry, nice piddy. Great dogs and Michael your grand daughter is beautiful.

The coop will be in the lower right window with the door coming out of the bottom side. The run will come down the chain link fence towards the camera and over to the sidewalk (thats hard to see from the overgrown grass). At least I wont have to bury wire along the walk. The trees are coming out and I'll have it covered in the warm months with bird netting. I had either a Coopers Hawk or a Sharp Shinned hawk in my yard yesterday, so that was a good reminder to make sure its covered, not to mention the Red Tails that are all over. It'll be about 70=80ft long and 13ft wide. Pretty good for 5 birds.

Heres the part of the barn Im going to modify. The wall will be in front of the camera. I'm taking the stairs out too. Ive always hated those stairs there anyhow. It'll be about 7+ by 12+ feet. The stall door faces south. Shouldnt take too much work or money to do it.
The one thing I'm looking to do differently now is seeing if I cant get my hands on a heating pad for the brooder. I like that idea better than a light.
So anyhow, this will be my set up. Hoping it will be a success. Any added advise surely appreciated.
Thanks again

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom