Greetings from SW Missouri!

Oddyseous

Chirping
Sep 21, 2019
Hello everyone, I just recently purchased 5, 1 week old Barred Rock Hens and my mother purchased 8 unsexed Blue Americana pullets(although she keeps claiming they're aricana). Either way they lay blue eggs lol. My plan is to start a flock breeding the two, to end up with a good dual purpose blue egg laying chicken. But since I've gotten started I've been imaging this entire property roaming with chickens and making a profit off them. Of course them paying for themselves and sustaining a household food requirement with eggs and meat would be a great start.

Anyway, in for a penny in for a pound. I'm new to chickens although my parents and grand parents always had them at different points growing up. Glad to be here, hope to learn useful tips and possibly make a couple of bawks.

Welcome to BYC.
:yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

You birds are probably called Easter Eggers.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site (how to upload photos too):

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops.

What exactly did you Google to get here? <<<<<<<<<<< Click there to go to that thread.

BYC has an APP!

They had Easter Eggers these aren't it. Got them from Cackle Hatchery I think they're https://www.cacklehatchery.com/blue-ameraucana-chicken.html either way they're good chickens Araucana or blue Ameraucana or whatever have you they lay the damn blue eggs lol. Anyway, hoping to breed these with my barred rock and get a good barred rock offshoot that lays blue eggs. Already got a name for it a Jailhouse Blue, this is time stamped so don't steal my name(lol). Glad to be here!

Back
Top Bottom