Greetings from Texas!

CountrySunshine

Hatching
7 Years
Jul 24, 2012
Texas
Hello!
First time poster to BYC, but have been reading articles & posts for quite some time.

I've had chickens for about 6 years, guineas for 5, and ducks for 4 or so. I love my babies!

I have Americaunas, red productions, black giants, black australorps, white giants, buff orpingtons, and partridge rocks. Also, a mixture of some of the above, because I like to let them raise their own chicks!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you, and all of your babies!

Welcome to BYC, we're glad you joined
frow.gif

Hi there, I'm new to BYC too! I live in Maine and sadly there's not many chicken lovers up here. I've had chickens for about 2 years and I am loving it! I have a flock of 32 (including 11 roosters
smile.png
) They all have names and very different personalities! My hens aren't laying very well at the moment but, it happens sometimes I geuss. I'll get ducks,turkeys guineas ect. next spring. The breeds I have are:Red Star, Easter-egger, RIR, New Hamshire Red, Sebright(gold&Silver), Buff Cochin, Buff Minorca, Silver spangled Hamburg, Silkie cross, Black Minorca, Austrolorp, Silver laced Wyandotte. I can't wait to start breeding next spring! Like 5 of my hens went broody earlier this year but, I didn't have the space. A barn is in construction now though! I am very excited! Good luck to you and you flock!!!

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone!

My avatar is "Pete". He is the son of my oldest rooster. When he was a baby, I'd bring him in to nap in the recliner with me. Now he's 4, so he's a bit too big for sitting in my lap. Still friendly, however!

Back
Top Bottom