1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Greetings from the crazy chicken lady

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Queen of the chickens, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Queen of the chickens

Queen of the chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Unionville, MO
    Hello, I have been lurking around BYC all summer, but just got around to becoming a member. I have been married to my High School sweet heart for almost 22 years and have two sons, one of which still lives at home and is in 4-H. I ordered my first chickens in the Spring of 2008, not long after we moved to our 17 acres in North Central Missouri. Not really knowing anything about chickens, I just ordered 15 assorted brown layer pullets. It was love at first peep.

I currently have a mixed flock of 38 standard pullets and 3 standard cockerels. They include a trio of Silver Laced Wyandottes and two pairs of Golden Laced Bearded Polish, 6 Black Astrolorps, 6 Easter Eggers, 4 Cuckoo Marans, 3 Black Marans, 3 Barred Plymouth Rocks, 3 Partridge Cochin, 3 White Leghorns, 2 Brown Leghorns, 2 California Whites, and 2 White Crested Black Polish.

My son picked out the Polish and Cochin for his 4-H project. He also purchased a trio of Mille Fluer Belgian d'Uccle Bantams. His Mille Fluer Rooster took 4-H/FFA Grand Champion Fowl at our County Fair and one of his Golden Laced Polish Cockerels was the Reserve Champion. (So exciting!) Our next adventure will be incubating and hatching. (I am going to ask Santa for an incubator for Christmas!)

Along with Chickens we also have a 15 year-old Siberian Husky, a 4 year-old Samoyed, a 2 year-old Samoyed mix, an amazing cat, and 5 of the cutest rabbits ever. While I enjoy all the animals, the chickens are my passion, bordering on obsession. I take good care of them and they reward me with beautiful, delicious eggs and hours of entertainment. Spending a few minutes with them is better than Prozac. They keep me from really being a "crazy chicken lady".

2. Christie Loves Silkies

Christie Loves Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello from Australia!!!!
    [​IMG]

3. EagleTheHenpecked

EagleTheHenpecked Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2011
    Demotte
    Welcome from Indiana
    [​IMG]

4. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

5. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

8. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from NJ!

9. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    [​IMG]

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by