1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Greetings From the Heartland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SSAcres, Mar 20, 2013.

1. SSAcres

SSAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello - New to chickens and loving every minute of it!! We have 11 Light Brahmas that are six months old. They just started laying a couple weeks ago! So proud of the girls!! :) Found this site to help w/ some issues we were having that have now been resolved, thanks to you fine folks. Thanks for that!! No more egg eating and they're all laying where they're supposed to! GO GIRLS!! They know how proud of them I am at this point w/ all of the praise and babytalk they get from me when I go out to collect their eggs, which seems to work the best right after dark when they go to roost. We had a bald eagle hanging around today so they had to stay in, but they don't seem to mind. It's still very much winter here and they don't seem to like the cold and wind either.

Looking forward to learning a lot more and hopefully sharing stories, as well.

L.

2. KKs Kandies

KKs Kandies Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2013
    texas
    Hi!, fellow newbie. Great site, right?
    Keep us posted on the baldy, I'm interested in how long he lingers. We've one traveling through here now, love to watch him but rather hope he keeps going:)

3. SSAcres

SSAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Fellow Newbie!! Yes, this site is awesome! I'd checked it out a couple years ago when I considered adding chickens to the mix, but then never found the time. Now we have the time....
    While I love seeing the bald eagles, the chickens surely don't. We have a river behind us, about a mile away, and farm fields all around us that is host to hundreds/thousands of Canada Geese and various ducks at all times the river isn't frozen. I don't see the eagle leaving any time soon, unfortunately. The dogs helps keep them away but they can't be trusted w/ the chickens out. :( We try to keep an eye on them and I try to make chicken bonding time when they are out. Some seem to enjoy it while the others don't care. lol

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, SSAcres, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! Good luck to you and your chickens!

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012