Greetings from the north

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jealous Gypsy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Pretty Birds

Pretty Birds Songster

May 13, 2019
    Maine, USA
    I do like going up to the county, in the summer or fall. I think the winter would be too much for me to take. Central Maine is cold enough for me.:)

2. Jealous Gypsy

Jealous Gypsy Songster

Jul 13, 2019
    The fall is gorgeous here ! Hey have you had any raspberries come in yet? We are still waiting up here. Yea the winter was no joke. Last year was my first experience with the county winter , 150" of snowfall in my town or unorganized town what ever we are now lol . But I do need to say it was amazing. Just took a little learning. I do need to say though some of the locals here did give us just outright wrong information, like out here we all wear dryer sheets in our ears to keep away skeeters, my neighbor wore them for a month, I elected to use bug spray... lol

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I have plenty of dryer sheets - will have to try that - any special scent?? BTY I have the favored blood type 0.

4. Pretty Birds

Pretty Birds Songster

May 13, 2019
    Maine, USA
    Are you new to Maine?

rjohns39, drumstick diva and ronott1 like this.
  5. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, CA
    My Coop
    Nice! I butcher in the house too. I do not have room, but do have a garage and a nice kitchen sink next to the stove. I do not have to worry about flies and meat bees!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: