Greetings from the PNW

nwmamma

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 9, 2014
Happy Fall! We have owned chickens for 2 1/2 years now. We are an urban farm
ya.gif
and still have our original 6 girls. Dora & Daisy Brahama, Miss America & Maybelline Americana, Punch & Judy Silver Laced Wyandotte. We have added 3 that an initially enthusiastic neighbor decided wasn't working for her. They are Martha & Gertrude Americana and Rhoda the RI Red. I never thought I'd want a RI Red but she is such a doll. I adore the way she squats down and stamps her feet for you to pick her up. It never fails to bring a smile to my face.

I never thought I'd want chickens in my yard but had I known what fun and how easy compared to most other animals they are to care for I'd have done it when my kiddos were tots. A friend that has chickens talked us into it, now I'm a fellow chicken enabler.
tongue.png

I have lurked on here from the beginning, gleaning lots of great information from the experienced chicken wranglers. It has saved me lots of time, worry and loss of chickens - so thank you!

From the PNW -
Dana

Hi, Dana - I'm glad you decided to join BYC! WELCOME!

Love your avatar pic, as well!

I've made some lifelong friends here...hope you do the same!
big_smile.png

Hello there and welcome to BYC!!
frow.gif

Sounds like you have a lovely flock!!

So glad you could join our community. Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC, Dana. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some hardy breeds and good layers. The first breed I ever had (about 50 years ago) were Brahmas, and they were gentle giants. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom