Greetings from the Wild Coast

Chick's left eye only half open, what should I do?

• If it doesn't bother the bird, don't let it bother you

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seek medical attention, it wont have a happy life

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Country_Boy

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2018
South Africa
Hello from sunny South Africa, love the site!

We have Black Australorp and Koekoek on our farm and I always turn to BYC for advice and ideas. Members are very knowledgeable and the site is packed with photos and help.

On that last point:

We have 17 baby Koekoek chicks and one of them seems to have an issue with its lower eyelid. It's only half-open, would like to know what the thoughts are in a poll. They are all 1-month old.

I have eased the lower eye-lid down with my finger and the eye seems fine, no signs of trauma or foreign objects. No signs of infection either.

Attachments

• Koek.jpg
    Koek.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 7
:welcome

Pork Pie Ken has given you some good links to check out, hope your chick's eye is better soon.

It's nice to have you here, thanks for joining us!

G'Day from down under Country_Boy :frowWelcome!

I too hope that the ER folks are able to determine the issue and that it is nothing serious.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom