Greetings from upstate NY

ruckytuck

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 7, 2013
Hello all, I have been lurking in the shadows since early March when I stumbled upon this fantastic website. I thought I would finally introduce myself. My name is Tony, I'm from the Saratoga area and I've toyed with the idea of raising chickens for over a year now. My new girlfriend has experience with raising them, so it was a no-brainer this year. We picked up 5 RSL's and 5 straight run Jersey Giants from our local TSC. Soon "chicken math" kicked in and we now have 5 Buff Brahmas as well. I recently converted a dilapitated 8' x 10' amish shed that I was using for firewood storage into our new coop. I used many suggestions from various posts on here. The chicks are six weeks old and loving their more spacious abode. Building a secure run for them is in the very near future and I just finished a nipple watering system. I'm a machinist by trade and enjoy woodworking as a hobby, so my girlfriend often chuckles at my over-the-top approach to many simple things (but deep down I know the chickens are sticklers for quality!)

Thanks, Tony

welcome-byc.gif
She can chuckle now but, I bet anything you put together stays together for a long time.
highfive.gif

Lol, Thank you. She is very supportive, just gets a kick out of my ingenuity sometimes!

Back
Top Bottom